Free Computer Software Download
Every Great software on 1 page.
Get your Free Software to Download for Computers here
Tools for Zipping and Unzipping files
Some of the features of 7-Zip file extractor.
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT.
PeaZip is free file archiver utility, based on Open Source technologies of 7-Zip, p7zip, FreeArc, PAQ, and PEA projects.
Cross-platform, full-featured but user-friendly alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar general purpose archive manager applications, open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX – view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction on the official page.
This software is released under Open Source LGPLv3 license, free for any use (private and professional), all PeaZip packages are secure downloads and do not contain advertising or harmful software.
Moreover portable packages, for Linux and Windows, does not need installation: simply extract and use the application.
Over 500 million users worldwide make WinRAR the world’s most popular compression tool today.
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
This is Our Personal favorite. It comes with many features and comes with standard ISO mounting capabilities.
- Support decompression 49 formats including.ZIP .7Z.RAR and so on, built.ZIP .7Z and.TAR compressed files directly, without plug-in support, to ensure the versatility.
- Original annotations for .7Z, high ability to repair damaged zip file. And selected a variety of functions including Batch Picture Converter, MD5 Checksum, Image Viewer to meet your needs.
- Original file filter list by top technical experts of the industry, it will work-out the best compression algorithm for your computer. Without sacrificing the compression ratio, 40% faster than traditional compression software.
- Support virtual CD-ROM mounting
- Support directly extract the image which mounted
- Powerful dual-core Trojan horse checking engine
- MD5 comparison function
- Improved the interactive function of “file information”
- Improved the interaction when open a file from a large size archive
Free Computer Software Download
All these media players are completely free to download and use.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
VLC Media Player is hugely popular, and for good reason – it’s completely free, supports almost all file formats without the need to download additional codecs, can optimize video and audio playback for your chosen device, supports streaming, and can be extended almost infinitely with downloadable plugins. These not only add extra features to the player – they also enable integration with other programs and streaming services.
VLC Media Player supports MPEG and DivX streaming, and can play videos as they’re downloading, letting you watch the beginning of a film and then decide whether it’s worth downloading in full. You can also play ZIP files without having to unpack them individually. If a video is too quiet, you can manually increase the film’s volume up to 200% after the download is finished
This is Our Personal favorite. POT Player comes with many features including 3D view and 360 video capabilities
- Provides the maximum performance with the minimum resource using DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync. Get the best out of what you have.
- Supports various types of 3D glasses so you can get the 3D experience anytime you want using your 3DTV or PC. Various output formats (Side by Side, Top and bottom, Page Flipping) support
- with POT Player you never need to install different codecs all the time when using the player.
- Supports OpenCodec so users can easily add whatever codecs they want
- Smooth, seamless video play.
- Choose which one when you have 2 sound cards. which is a feature that is very useful
- Preview the scene with snapshots.
- You can bookmark your favorite scene or chapter.
- Supports Direct3D9 Ex Flip Mode and Overlay.
- Supports various devices such as DVD,TV,HDTV.
My personal favorite feature is the “remember track position” option. Very useful for when you have to stop a movie and start a new one, and still go back to your position on the film.
You can provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own.
They have a huge catalogue of extra Add-On components for you to take advantage of. It is kind of like an “App Store” for Kodi, but everything is Free!
Audio and Video Add-Ons let you stream internet content, Skins allow you to change the look and experience of the interface, Programs and Services provide helpful tools while Web interfaces are for controlling Kodi remotely. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub that can be installed on Linux, OSX, Windows, iOS and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls.
AIMP can play many file types, including MP3, Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), Dolby AC-3, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, Speex, Windows Media Audio, Apple Lossless, FLAC, WAV and Audio CDs.
AIMP can also play many other audio formats like Monkey’s Audio (APE), Tom’s lossless Audio Kompressor (TAK) and True Audio; DTS audio, MP1, MP2, Musepack, OptimFROG, WavPack, MIDI, Impulse Tracker, MO3, MOD, MultiTracker Module, S3M, and Fasttracker 2 Extended Module.
AIMP supports the DirectSound, ASIO and WASAPI audio interfaces, and it uses 32-bit audio processing for its 18-band equalizer and built-in sound effects (Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed, Bass, Enhancer, Voice Remover).
Among other features AIMP provides ability to load the entire media file, which is currently being played back, into the RAM of the computer (currently the options allow for media files of a size of up to 250 MB to be loaded into RAM automatically at the start of playback; the file is subsequently deleted from RAM again, once playback has finished).
The advantage of this is that seamless playback without any interruptions is almost guaranteed, even on slower, older machines, and even under heavy multi-tasking with demanding programs, which may read or write continuously to and from the drives of the computer, since the file resides entirely in RAM and can hence always be accessed by the program without delay.
Other common players such as Winamp can read the media files in chunks in time for playback on resource-limited platforms. The byte size of these chunks can be adjusted from a few kilobytes up to 16 megabytes. This piecemeal loading may generate interruptions during playback, including the clicking noises which may occur as a result of such interruption.